The following are a selection of available reference items. To find more, search Primo for your keywords and include "dictionaries" or "encyclopedias" as a subject term.
Dictionary of Human Geography
- Provides short, academic surveys of key terms by scholars in the field. 5th ed., 2009. Single user only.
Dictionary of Environment and Conservation / Chris C. Park.
Dictionary of Environmental Science and Engineering / James R. Pfafflin, Edward N. Ziegler, and Joseph M. Lynch.
Ecology basics / edited by the editors of Salem Press.
Encyclopedia of Coastal Science
- Scholarly, interdisciplinary treatment of coastal science contributed by experts. Springer, 2005.
Encyclopedia of Environment and Society
- Combines major issues, concepts, and problems concerning the interaction between humans and nature. Sage, 2007.
Encyclopedia of Geography
Online, 6-volume set with over 1,200 entries in six major fields in geography written by experts. Sage, 2010.
Encyclopedia of Global Change
- Full text articles on ecosystems, climate change, food and water supply, population, and more.
Encyclopedia of Human Geography
- More than 300 entries written by scholars in their respective fields. Sage, 2006.
Encyclopedia of Soil Science
- Full-text articles covering covering the salient aspects of soil physics, chemistry, biology, fertility, technology, genesis, morphology, classification and geomorphology.
Encyclopedia of World Climatology
- Authoritative source with full-text articles; covers all the main subfields of climatology, supplies information on climates in major continental areas, and explains the intricacies of climatic processes.
Facts on file dictionary of environmental science / Bruce C. Wyman and L. Harold Stevenson.
New York : Facts on File, 2007. Print location: WLU 3rd Floor Reference - TD9 .W95 2007
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Includes the Environmental Encyclopedia, Geo-data : the world geographical encyclopedia, and more.
Oxford Companion to Global Change
- Full text articles on the relations between technological, social, demographic, economic, and political factors as well as biological, chemical, and physical systems. Oxford University Press: 2009.
Oxford Reference: Earth Sciences and Climatology
- Full-text interdisciplinary scholarly encyclopdias and dictionaries in the field of Environmental Studies.
- Full-text encyclopedias for all the social sciences. Includes Encyclopedia of GIS, Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change, Encyclopedia of Environment and Society, Encyclopedia of Human Geography, and more.
The Laurier Archives and Special Collections holds a number of archival collections focusing on Geography and the Environment, with a special emphasis on water resources, parks and protected areas, the Niagara Escarpment and biosphere reserves, as well as Canada's North.
For more information, or to use these collections, please contact the Archives.
APT Environment Fonds (1941-); 10 meters
- Chemtura Canada Company, formerly Uniroyal Chemical and Crompton Company, is a chemical producer in Elmira, Ontario. The collection consists of material related to environmental issues in the Elmira area, largely compiled by APT Environment.
Beaver Valley Heritage Society Fonds (1975-); 1 meter
- Non-profit citizen's organization created to preserve and protect the natural environment of the Beaver Valley in Ontario
Canadian Arctic Resources Committee Fonds (1971 -); 36 meters
- Citizen’s committee founded to study and protect Canada’s North.
Canadian Biosphere Reserves Association Fonds (1974-2012); 7.9 meters
- Non-profit organization that facilitated the creation of new Canadian Biosphere Reserves
Canadian Environmental Law Association Fonds (1968-); 63 meters
- Non-profit, public interest organization established in 1970 to use existing laws to protect the environment and to advocate environmental law reforms, and free legal advisory clinic for the public.
Canadian Water Resources Association Fonds (1949-); 4 meters
- National organization of individuals and organizations interested in the management of Canada's water resources.
George Francis Fonds (1950-); 40 meters
- Records documenting geographer George Francis’ work with the UNESCO Man and Biosphere Program and environmental research focusing on the Great Lakes.
Great Lakes Fishery Commission Fonds (1995-); 27 centimeters
- The Commission coordinates fisheries research, controls the sea lamprey, and facilitates cooperative fishery management among the state, provincial, tribal, and federal management agencies.
Kenneth Hewitt Fonds (1918-)
- Papers of geographer Kenneth Hewitt, containing records from his research on environmental disasters and the effects of war on the environment.
John Horton Fonds (1961-2000); 2 meters
- Papers of urban planner John Horton containing information on the Niagara Escarpment Commission, Waterfront Regeneration Trust, coastal conservation and parks and protected areas.
John Jackson Fonds (1978-2000); 14 meters
- Environmental activist in the Niagara Region and President of the Ontario Toxic Waste Research Council.
Jill Leslie Fonds (1987-1997); 18 centimeters
- Environmental activist and pioneer in the rails-to-trails movement in Ontario, which sought to attain public ownership of abandoned railway lines.
Theresa McClenaghan Fonds(1991-1994); 1.4 meters
- Environmental lawyer. Papers include material regarding the proposed expansion of the Guelph Eastview landfill site.
James Gordon Nelson Fonds (1911-); 47 meters
- Records of geographer James Gordon Nelson with an emphasis on parks and protected areas.
Rawson Academy of Aquatic Science (1978-1995); 1.6 meters
- Non-profit dedicated to researching Canada’s water resources and the effects of water pollution.
Henry Regier Fonds (1962-); 5 meters
- Papers of zoologist Henry Regier focusing on fisheries, the Great Lakes and the UNESCO Programme on Man and the Biosphere.
Fred Roots Fonds (1974-2004); 3 meters
- Papers of meteorologist Ernest Frederick Roots focusing on the UNESCO Man and the Biosphere Programme.
John Swaigen Fonds (1967-); 4 meters
- Papers of lawyer John Swaigen documenting such issues as agricultural pollution, anti-idling bylaws, and storage of hazardous waste in Ontario.
John Theberge (1967-) 63 centimeters
- Papers of environmental scientist John Theberge documenting his research into Canada’s wolf populations and the founding of Kluane National Park and Preserve.
- Arctic Portal. A "comprehensive gateway to the Arctic on the internet" that includes an integrated document library and project directory, interactive mapping, and on-demand webcasts. Sponsored by various organizations including the and numerous academic institutions.
- Arctic Theme Page "provides access to widely distributed Arctic data and information for scientists, students, teachers, academia, managers, decision makers and the general public."
- Canadian Arctic Resources Committee is an organization of individuals who share an interest in northern Canada and believe the north should be treated with deliberation, care, and good stewardship.
- EarthTrends: The Environmental Information Portal. Offers searchable databases, data tables, country profiles, maps, and articles in ten topical sections.
- Global Historical Climatology Network (GHCN) This data set is composed of annual temperature, precipitation and pressure reading covering a period from 1880 to 1998.
- Institute for the Study of Society and Environment This database is designed to foster cross-disciplinary research needed to promote a better understanding of how weather, climate and global change impact society.
- National Geophysical Data Center is operated by the US Dept. of Commerce--. This site provides environmental data in the fields of marine geology and geophysics, paleoclimatology, solar-terrestrial physics, solid earth geophysics, and glaciology. Each discipline includes links to the World Data Center.
- National Wildlife Federation "is the USA's largest member-supported conservation group, uniting individuals, organizations, businesses and government to conserve and protect wildlife, natural resources, and the Earth's environment upon which we all depend, in order to achieve a peaceful, equitable and sustainable future."
- United Nations Environment Programme. Brings together environmental information based on themes and regions.
- U.S. Climate at a Glance . The data provided is intended for the study of climate variability and change throughout the USA.
- Geologist's Lifetime Field List provides the geologist or traveler with a listing of essential or desirable locations to visit. In addition, the site links to information on many geological wonders of the world. The site is heavily illustrated with quality photographs.
- Selected Web Sites for Geoscientists. This site provides direct links to: guides to the Internet for earth sciences; data sources; index to journal articles & technical reports; abstracts & table of contents from journals; library catalogues; choice web sites; directories; selected government agencies; associations and universities with geology departments & schools.
- U.S. Geological Survey: a bureau of the US Dept. of the Interior, which provides reliable and impartial information to describe & understand the Earth. This web site provides highlights into current new releases as well as links to a variety of educational topics in the areas of biology, geology, mapping and water.
- Vents Program "conducts research on the impacts and consequences of submarine volcanoes and hydrothermal venting on the global ocean."
- Volcano World claims to be the Web's premier source for volcano information. The site relies heavily on photographs, satellite images and illustrations. There are multiple links within the text of each volcano's description.
- Hydrology Web provides a list of hydrology and related resources on the Internet. The site is maintained by the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
Maps and GIS
- Canadian County Atlas Digital Project. A "searchable database of the property owners' names which appear on the township maps in the county atlases. Township maps, portraits and properties have been scanned." Search by people's names or county names.
- Canada's Geographical Names Website provides access to 500,000 geographical names in Canada. The reference service provides basic locational information including maps which can be downloaded.
- CartoMundi offers more than 5,000 digital map reproductions of Europe and the Mediterranean, as well as over 50,000 references to cartographic documents. Coverage is 195 countries held in about 20 different map libraries.
- GeoGratis is an initiative of the Canada Centre for Remote Sensing. This site provides a wide variety of geospatial data, without charge, for geographic areas across Canada.
- Geospatial Data Resources: University of Waterloo Map Library.
- National Atlas of Canada is responsible for the development and maintenance of an authoritative synthesis of the geography of Canada. The site provides an index to the base maps, thematic maps. and digital services, reflecting social, economic, environmental & cultural elements of Canada.
- Ontario Historical County Maps Project: Scanned images of historical county maps of Ontario; also includes a searchable web database mapping application.
- Ontario Historical Map Digitization Project: an OCUL project that provides digital access to over 1000 early topographic maps of Ontario at the 1:25,000 and 1:63,360 (one inch to one mile) scales, covering towns, cities, and rural areas in Ontario over the period of 1906 to 1977.
- Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection has over 2000 map images for all parts of the world.
- Population Index, 1986-1999. A reference tool to the world's population literature. It provides an annotated bibliography of books, journal articles, working papers and other material.
- Scholars GeoPortal: a web-based tool to access geospatial datasets licensed by your university library. The GeoPortal includes land-based vector data (water, cultural features, etc.), census geography, orthophotography, and more.
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) is an offshoot of NASA and "focuses on human interactions in the environment" by matching population data with earth science data sets, as well as environmental science information.
Countries of the World
General Country Information
BBC News World Edition: Country Profiles
Presents country overviews, basic facts, Web links, and details on leaders and media. Includes news stories and audio and video clips from the BBC archives.
Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) - access through ABI/Inform:
- Once in the database, click the "Browse" link at the top
- Select the link to the EIU Finance and Forecast Reports under Country Reports
- Scroll down and click on the link next to "forecasts"
- Filter the results by country on the right under "Narrow results by"
Cultural, demographic, and political information on countries. From the Centre for Intercultural Learning, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada.
Country Information - Export Development Canada
Profiles of foreign countries, as well as information on resources available for each country. From Export Development Canada.
Facts on File Country Profiles
Links directly to country information from Facts on File's World News Digest database.
Human Development Reports
Reports commissioned by the UN to assess long-term well-being in countries around the world
INCORE (Initiative on Conflict Resolution and Ethnicity)
Provides annotated lists of resources relating to human rights, conflict, and ethnicity for 42 countries. This includes news, email lists and newsgroups, articles and documents, maps, NGOs, and other related resources. Over two hundred full-text peace agreements can also be accessed via an interactive map
Mergent Online: Country Profiles
Select your country from the list in the bottom right corner of Mergent's home page.
Oxford Analytica Country Profiles - available through ABI/Inform
- Once in the database, click the "Browse" link at the top
- In the Business section, click Country Reports
- Select the link to the Oxford Analytica Country Profiles
- Select the tab to Browse by Location, or Browse by Subject
Political Risk Yearbook
Country reports with political and economic information.
Portals to the World
Library of Congress. Includes a wide range electronic information sources on many different countries selected by the Library of Congress. This site is organized by country or area. A range of different subject categories is available for each country. Once this project is finished all nations in the world will be included.
United Nations databases
Statistics and documents from all the major UN sources
World Development Reports, 1985 to present
Ongoing publication on economic development. From the World Bank.
Information on countries of the world prepared by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.
Statistical Information -- Canada
Canada Year Book
Canadian Economic Observer, 2003 -
Statistics Canada. Some data freely available
Statistical Information -- United States
Bureau of Economic Analysis
United States. Department of Commerce.
Census Bureau Economic Programs
United States. Bureau of the Census.
State and Metropolitan Area Data Book
United States. Bureau of the Census.
Statistical Abstract of the United States, 1878 -
United States. Bureau of the Census.
Statistical Information -- Europe
Trends in Europe and North America
United Nations. Statistical yearbook of the Economic Commission for Europe.
Statistical Information -- International
Europa World Online
Online version of Europa World Yearbook, with statistics and other information on countries around the world.
Human Development Reports
United Nations. 1990 to present
Monthly Bulletin of Statistics
United Nations. Older issues in paper: HC 57 U66. Location: WLU 4th Floor Periodicals and the Annex
Penn World Tables
Available via CHASS at the University of Toronto
Single portal for searching UN statistical databases. Published by the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA).
World Economic Outlook Reports
International Monetary Fund. Also see HD 82.W67 Location: WLU 6th Floor Book Stacks
(ParLine) allows searching by country to find information about that country's electoral process and the people in power.
Parliaments and Literature
(ParLit) is a searchable bibliographic database comprised of references to books and articles about the world's governments.
Lists heads of states and heads of government for most countries dating back to the early 19th century. Also lists foreign ministers of many countries, as well as the heads of key international organizations.
1956 Hungarian Memorial Oral History Project
Oral testimonies honouring the refugees of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956.
A Nation's Chronicle: The Canada Gazette
Historical access to the Canada Gazette.
AAAI Digital Library
Access to publications of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
Agricola (US National Agriculture Library)
Covers agriculture and allied disciplines.
AGRIS:Agricultural sciences and technology
CARIS: Current Agricultural Research Information System
21 digitized texts from the Wosk-McDonald Aldine Collection, volumes from the press of Aldus Manutius (1452-1515).
American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933 - 1955
The print index, Doctoral Dissertations Accepted by American Universities (DDAAU), is now available digitally as American Doctoral Dissertations 1933-1955.
American Mineralogist Crystal Structure Database
Includes every structure published in the American Mineralogist, The Canadian Mineralogist,and the European Journal of Mineralogy.
Search over 24 million full records from 1,300 Canadian libraries
Annotated Bibliography of Canadian Demography
Research on Canada's population.
Collection of publications relating to all aspects of the visual arts with Canadian relevance published since 1965.
A collection of research papers in physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics.
Asked & Answered
Provides quick tips and answers to a diverse assortment of legal research questions
ASTIS (Arctic Science and Technology Information System)
Arctic and other cold regions.
Bachelors and China Dolls, Sex and Race in Postwar Toronto's Chinatown, 1920-1970
This collection consists of digitized materials concerning sex and race in Toronto between 1920 and 1970.
BC BookWorld Author Bank
Profiles of more than 9,000 authors who have written books for, about and from British Columbia.
BC Campus Open Textbooks
This site has a growing collection of open access textbooks.
BC Labour Heritage Centre Oral History Collection
Interviews with notable activists in British Columbia�s labour movement on topics ranging from experiences at work, picket lines, strikes and rallies, to organizing unions & negotiating and bargaining collective agreements.
BC Multicultural Photograph Collection
A collection of 1,500 photographs depicting the contributions of immigrants and First Nations people to B.C.
BC Stats Publications
Several economics, business, and demographic publications by BC Stats (the British Columbia Statistical Agency).
Bibliographia Cartographica - International documentation of cartographic literature.
Bibliography of Comparative Studies in Canadian, Quebec, and Foreign Literatures
A bibliographic index to articles, books, reviews, periodicals, and other references dealing with Comparative Canadian Literature
Bibliography of the History of Art / International Bibliography of Art
Art bibliography covering European and American visual arts from late antiquity to the present.
Bill Reid Centre Collection
The Bill Reid Centre Collection is a collection of images that records the arts and architecture of the various First Nations of the Pacific Northwest.
Full text, peer reviewed research articles covering all areas of biology and medicine.
Blair Henshaw HIV AIDS Philatelic Collection
A digitized collection of HIV/AIDS-related stamps, philatelic materials and ephemera collected by Canadian AIDS activist Blair Henshaw.
British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography
Database of nearly 200,000 references relevant to British and Irish archaeology provided by the Council for British Archaeology
British Columbia Fine Printing Digital Images
A collection of digitized publications and ephemera of several B.C. fine/private presses.
British Columbia Historical Newspapers
Search and view B.C. community newspapers published from 1865 to 1924.
British Columbia Newspaper Index
Focuses primarily on British Columbia political, social and economic issues (1991-2007).
British Columbia Postcards Collection
B.C. postcards that visually and vividly capture a wide array of places, people, events, industries, geographic landmarks, architectural highlights, modes of transportation all associated with British Columbia.
Burnaby's Oral History Collection
Oral history interviews captured by the Burnaby Historical Society.
Canada's Early Women Writers
Primary source. Bio-bibliographical information on more than 470 women who lived in Canada or wrote about Canada, and authored an English-language material published before 1940.
Canadian Book Trade Bibliography, 1935-1985 / Bibliographie sur le commerce du livre au Canada, 1935-1985
Provides references to articles about Canadian publishing that were issued between 1935 and 1985.
Web version of the Year 2000 edition of the Canadian Encyclopedia.
Canadian Farmworkers Union Project
Selected publications, documents, and other significant items from the complete Canadian Farmworkers Union collection.
Canadian Music Periodical Index
All aspects of musical activity in Canada
Canadian Publishers' Records
Archival collections of publisher's records for Canada.
The Canadiana Collection is a collection of publications dating back to the early 17th century.
Canadian case law and statutes
A perspective on the 19th century like no other, through the words ofThomas and Jane Welsh Carlyle. Browse over 10,000 of their collectedletters by date, by recipient, by subject, and by volume.
The Census Program provides a statistical portrait of the country every five years.
CGRG Bibliography of Canadian Geomorphology
Index to all aspects of Geomorphology in Canada
Selected readings from medieval literature, in six audio/mpeg files.
A collection of records dating from 1867 to 1956 that focus on the activities of the Chinese Freemasons of Canada, particularly in Victoria and Vancouver.
ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast text and structure search access to over 43 million structures from hundreds of data sources.
China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development Project
Reports, issue papers, recommendations and more from the CCICED
Chinese Benevolent Association
Chinese-language documents focusing on the history of the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (CCBA).
The Chinese Times newspaper was published in Vancouver for the period 1914 - 1992.
CHRP Head Tax Database
Directory of Chinese immigrants to Canada who paid the CHRP Head Tax.
Chung Collection - Chinese Canadian materials
A collection of publications related to Chinese immigration to Canada in the late 19th and early 20th century.
Chung Collection - Japanese Canadian materials
A collection of archival material and publications focusing on Japanese-Canadians in Canada between 1900 and 1939.
Chung Collection - Scottish Canadian materials
A collection of textual material, images, and maps relating to the settlement of Scottish, English and Irish immigrants in 19th century Canada.
Japanese studies index with some full text reports and journal articles
CiteSeer: Scientific Literature Digital Library
A digital library of over 300,000 articles related to computer science.
Latin America and Caribbean social science virtual library
Cleveland Arabic Collection
Digitized Arabic books from the William and Gretchen Cleveland Arabic Collection.
Codrington Papers, West Indies Correspondence
Copies of correspondence and other records of the Codrington family pertaining to the West Indies and numerous estates owned by the family throughout the Caribbean region. Records date from 1272 to 1899.
A full text archive for publications in the area of cognitive science.
Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies
This is a collection of bibliographies of literature in computer science from various sources, covering most aspects of computer science.
Community Health Online Digital Archive Research Resource (CHODARR)
A publicly accessible digital archive of research materials related to health and social welfare, with an emphasis on housing, gender, aboriginal issues, HIV and mental health.
Complete World Development Report Online
All World Development Reports since 1978 in one convenient, cross-searchable website
Computing Research Repository CoRR
A sub-section of arXiv.org, this is a fulltext repository of research papers in Computing Science.
Contemporary Literature Collection Manuscripts Index
Manuscript catalogue of SFU Library's Special Collections Division.
Crown Publications, Queen's Printer for British Columbia
List of available BC government publications.
Publications about computer aided architectural design.
Curia: Court of Justice of the European Union
Proceedings of the Court of Justice, judgments, press releases and other information about the court.
Current Index to Statistics
Index to articles in the field of statistics.
Access to the Current Index to Statistics (CIS) became open to the public effective January 1, 2017. CIS will remain open until December 31, 2019 and at that time will be shut down.
Database of Virtual Art
Database of digital installation art
Database of Zeolite Structures
From the International Zeolite Association, this database provides structural information on all zeolite structure types
DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
DBLP is a database of citations from a selection of major computing science journals and proceedings.
Dictionary of Canadian Biography
Canadians deceased through 1920.
Directory of Open Access Books
A searchable directory to increase discoverability of Open Access books.
Directory of Open Access Journals
Categorized, searchable links to free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
Discovering American Women's History Online
Primary documents. Over 400 digital collections about the history of women in the United States.
Distributed Digital Library of Mathematical Monographs - Website
A PDF representation of a website that described and documented a digital library project carried out during 2001-2003.
Doukhobor Collection of James Mavor
A collection of print materials and images focusing on Doukhobor settlement in late 19th - early 20th century Canada.
Doukhobor Collection of Simon Fraser University
A collection of digitized images, print materials, and ephemera relating to the settlement of the Doukhobors in Canada, primarily in the late 19th and early 20th century.
EcoCat The Ecological Reports Catalogue from the BC Ministry of the Environment
Reports for various ecological projects within British Columbia. Associated data and map files are included whenever possible.
Index to web sites related to education.
ELDIS Gateway to Development Information
By Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex (U.K). Includes research & policy documents on ageing, population, climate change, corporate social responsibility, debt relief, food security, gender, globalization, health and more.
Electronic Research Archive for Mathematics - Jahrbuch Database
Mathematical publications of the period 1868-1942.
Free online textbooks and articles for physicians and health care workers.
EUR-Lex: Access to European Union Law
EUR-Lex provides free access to European Union law and other documents considered to be public
FAO Document Repository
The Document Repository is FAO�s official online repository for all information products and reports. It offers free and direct access to all indexed publications as well as official reports and other papers and documents published by FAO, as well as some materials produced by other sources with FAO involvement.
Federal Publication Locator
Developed through a partnership between the Depository Services Program, Communication Canada and the Library and Archives of Canada.
Figure/Ground: An open-source, para-academic, interdisciplinary collaboration
Figure/Ground is an open-source, para-academic, inter-disciplinary collaboration. We publish in-depth transcripts of interviews with scholars, researchers, and university professors, as well as artists, filmmakers, and creators of every stripe.
Film Literature Index (FLI)
References articles in film and television journals and magazines.
Financial Accounting Standards Board Exposure Documents
Exposure Drafts and Discussion Papers of the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
First Nations Gazette
First Nations Gazette provides public notice of First Nation laws, by-laws, land codes, and other First Nation legislation, and to otherwise serve as the authoritative reference for First Nation law in Canada.
First Nations Periodical Index
Has not been updated since Aug 2004, but it is useful as an index to journals of Canadian native content for previous years.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada Library
Catalogue of the Libraries of Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
Foreign Direct Investment Database (UNCTAD)
Aggregate inflows, outflows, inward stocks and outward stocks of foreign direct investment (FDI).
Front for the ArXiv
An overlay of arXiv.org, a digital library of research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, and quantitative biology.
Gale's Literary Index
The master index to all literary series published by Gale Research Inc. It includes information on authors or literary works.
Gallica Digital Library
Books, manuscripts, periodicals in the French language; maps, images, scores, music, and sound recordings related to France.
GALLOP Portal: Government and Legislative Libraries Online Publications Portal
GALLOPP indexes full-text and bibliographic content from the electronic government documents collections of 10 Canadian jurisdiction
German, French and English literature on geography.
Geology, Earth Sciences, publications from Geological Survey of Canada
Geoscience Data Repository
A collection of Earth Sciences Sector geoscience databases that is managed and accessed by a series of Information Services (GDRIS). From Earth Sciences Sector. Natural Resources Canada.
German Canadians Collection
A collection of documents and images focusing on German settlement in Canada, particularly in the province of Alberta.
Publications by researchers affiliated with the Simon Fraser University Gerontology Research Centre.
GOLD Genomes OnLine Database
A World Wide Web resource for comprehensive access to information regarding complete and ongoing genome projects around the world.
Government of Canada Publications
A centralized access point to locate and/or download publications authored by the Government of Canada.
Relationship between human beings and the environment. Use Citation Finder to locate the items
Open access e-books from the American Historical Association and Columbia University Press.
Handbook of Latin American Studies
Bibliography on social sciences and humanities topics on Latin America.
Harrison Brown Collection
Photographs from Harrison Brown, a freelance journalist who wrote for several newspapers between the World Wars.
Harrison Brown: the Sian Incident and Beyond
Primary documents on an important event in Chinese history, the Sian Incident.
Hazardous Substances Data Bank